Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

don´t worry, she´ll figure it out! *long*

Skrivet av bani
When I was little I had the exact same situation as your daughter (except we, being Irish, said Mammy).:-)
Since I only ever spoke English to my mother, she was always Mammy. My father was Daddy if I spoke English, and pappa if I spoke Swedish. My likewise half-caste ;-) cousins said Daddy even if they were speaking Swedish, actually. She´ll figure out what she wants to call you.

My children will not speak English, unfortunately, however the eldest one (9 years) is warming up to the idea of bilinguality. They say "mamma" when they\'re speaking Swedish, and Mammy when (oh so rarely)speaking English. It comes naturally.

I don´t think you should worry about her language development too much, children can be extremely different that way. There are plenty of fun ways to practice language, like reading stories, repeating nursery rhymes etc. But it´ll be a while before you can really say if she has a speech problem, I think. They check on this at BVC, anyway. There are lots of books on bilinguality and children; I don´t know how well you read Swedish, but the library should have some - if nothing else it´s very interesting!

« Tillbaka till trådstarten