Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Too late maybe...

Skrivet av Cizzi
...but I would like to share our English/Canadian Easter traditions with you, although your plan probably was to talk about this in class BEFORE Easter.

I hope that no one makes nasty and silly comments about my English, since I am also a newly graduated teacher. I, on the other hand, believe that no one is perfect. Just because we are communicating with one another through a discussion forum on the internet shouldn\'t entitle us to write hurtful things that many of you would never dare to express to someone face to face. Please be careful because even if it apparently was ment as a joke you might really end up hurting someones feelings.

This is how we celebrate Easter in my husbands Canadian family:
Since none of us are believing Christians, Easter has little to do with celabrating Jesus sacrafice, and more to do with a national holiday when you get a chance to have a family get-to-gether.
Kids usually paint eggs and on Easter Day morning you go for an egg and candy hunt. Easter day evening, our family usually has a festive turkey dinner.

Mind you, every familys Easter is probably celebrated differently, this was just an example of how we do it.

Good luck in the future! I bet you have a lot to contribute to your pupils.

All the best,

Cizzi

« Tillbaka till trådstarten

Artiklar från Familjeliv