Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Quiet...

Skrivet av Helena
It seems to have been quiet here for a short while. Havent been able to use a computer since weve been up at my mothers in Dalarna. Adam loves it up there and would love for us to move up north. Its just that its 10 swedish miles to the nearest town....so for him to find a job up there will be much harder than in Stockholm.
Going for a scan tomorrow. 18 weeks pregnant now. Time seems to fly past.
I dont seem to have anything out of interest to write so I will go to the sofa and sit myself down for the rest of the evening.
Svar på tråden: Quiet...

It has been...

Skrivet av  anette
a bit quiet.
I"ve had an awful period of too much work, guests, and ofcourse; the dreaded tummybug!
Anyway, everything has calmed down a bit and on thursday I went to town (Malmö) and had my hair dyed! It"s absolutely wonderful, purple, orange and white, and it may sound crazy, but it looks great and I feel gorgeous! I can seriously recommend this to anyone who needs a bit of cheering up as I did...
Helena, it is beautiful up in Dalarna and I"m not surprised Adam likes it, so much nature! If it wasn"t for all the "roots" I"ve got here in the south I would love to be a bit further up north.
As regards to the scan, can you find out wether it"s a boy or girl here in Sweden (I had both mine in England)
and if you can, will you?
Also, hello to Anna! (And everybody else)
Oh yes, my mother-in-law called yesterday and asked if it was alright to "pop" over for the weekend, three days after the other guests had left! We love having people around, but sometimes...

Boy or girl....

Skrivet av  Helena
yes, they will tell you. And this time we asked as well and guess what???they found it too hard to see....hmm. The midwife said that the baby was turning so much she never could tell. But she said that she couldnt see a willy. And I belive its a girl. We were offered to come back if we wanted to know. But I didnt find it that important.
Im in need of a treat at the hairdressers as well. But I might just get my ends cut and then go for highlights when we go over to London. Thats one thing I prefer to do over there. Hopefully we might go over for a long weekend or so soon.
The laundry is crying out for me....phu, dont want to at all...

It"s exciting...

Skrivet av  anette
though, isn"t it? We decided not to find out with our first and I didn"t really wanted to find out the second time either (some sort of irrational superstition,I think) but Paul wanted to so we did, as you say; not that it matters.
Did you have your first child in England? Is it Oliver, and how old is he?
If you"re going to London, will you take him with you?
Paul wants us to go to England this summer with both the kids and just thinking about it makes me break out in a sweat! I"m (suddenly) terrified of flying, so that would be out of the question, and Oscar is at such a "difficult" age, where he wants to run of and do his own thing and if someone stoppes him he goes livid! My mother-in-law suggested getting a mild sedative from the doctor, but that seems ridicolous...
Back to work!

Oliver

Skrivet av  Helena
is now six months old. I gave birth here in Sweden.
I dont know why but for some reason Im terrified of just thinking about giving birth in London. So many english women has told me horror stories about the hospitals. And my husbands brothers girlfriend wasnt even allowed a stand up epidural when she gave birth. The hospital found it too expensive they didnt want to give one at all but if she insisted they would give her the one were your entire lower body goes numb including legs. But then...you also have swedish women telling horrorstories about swedish deliverywards.
You gave birth in England didnt you?? What was it like?? The aftercare etc.
I know that if I would have stayed and had kids in England I would have been in a private hospital and that is according to Adam better but for some reason I find it hard to belive.
Yes, Oliver will come to England if we go. He flew to England when he was 2 months the first time. But none of us has any problems with flying. But I do worry when we have two kids and both in a very young age and what its going to be like flying to London. How old are your kids??
Who did your mother in law suggest the sedative for?? You or Oscar?

Funny

Skrivet av  Kicki
My six month old son is also named Oliver, and his dad is english.