Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Housebuying in Sweden

Skrivet av Lotta i UK med Frida 1/9
We are a Swedish/English couple currently living in England who have decided to move to Sweden.
Our house will go on the market in a couple of weeks.
We are looking to buy a house in Sweden, but we don\'t know how to arrange it since the different way the estate market work in England and in Sweden (completion dates, exchange of contracts etc).
So just wondering if anyone in here has been in the same kind of situation and if so, how you went about it?
Svar på tråden: Housebuying in Sweden

web tips

Skrivet av  Gillian

Try www.hemnet.se I am sure youä\'ll find the info you need there.

Lotta!

Skrivet av  Maria
We bought my dream summer house in Sweden a little over a year ago. We found it over the internet. Try www.lagerling.se (lots of links) or www.bovision.se i addition to hemnet, mentioned above.
Make sure you do a survey, just like in the UK, otherwise I think estate agents are a bit less pushy in Sweden than here (UK), less of the sales pitch and more of facts, generally speaking.

Thanks

Skrivet av  Lotta i UK med Frida 1/9
I think I put my question a bit wrong.
Finding a house is not really the problem. The real problem is how to arrange a chain or have a guarantee that the buyers in England won\'t "gazump" us since we won\'t have a contract until day before completion...
Heard some horror story about someone who had buyers who after six months of surveying and soliciting just before completion said they wanted to pay £10 000 less...
Had some advice today about to try to arrange the contract date and the completion date separate, but it might be difficult since it is very uncommon here.

Lotta!

Skrivet av  Kickan
Me and my husband moved from UK to Sweden almost exactly a year ago, and had the same problems as yourselves. What we did, was to write in the contract here is Sweden, that we would buy the house on two conditions. One, that we didn\'t find anything wrong with it at the survey, and two, that we would be granted a loan from our Swedish bank. We spoke to the bank here in Sweden, and they agreed not to grant us a loan unless we got the house in England sold. That way we could sign the contract, and have a house "on the go" when we moved here.

I don\'t know if we were very lucky, we might have been. We moved to a very small village where I grew up, so people know me from when I was little. I think that might have opened a few door for us.

Good luck with the move!

Kickan

Artiklar från Familjeliv