Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Friendly Courses

Skrivet av Sally
Could anyone tell me what do pregnant women usually do here in Sweden if they are not working? Is there any kind of courses that they usually take up? What happen to those who does not have much contact with any friends after living here, do they get help in any way or another?
Svar på tråden: Friendly Courses

courses related to pregnancy?

Skrivet av  twinkie
Hi,
Most of the healthcare staff speaks english. You need to make kontakt with a midwife if you have not done that yet. Normally you have your first meeting in the 10 th week of the pregnancy and so on. I think my advice to you should be to go to a privet clinic, for example MAMA MIA. It does not cost anything more than the public health provider but they are som much service minded and some of them might have pareting clases in english. Are you from eng or the US ?
Good luck and take care,
Twinkie

Private clinic

Skrivet av  Sally
Hi again,
I believe that mama mia is in Stockholm as I use to go there once before when I have not got my residence permit. I am living far away from stockholm now and I have not heard of any private clinic here. Anyway I have been to see the midwife here and there is also not so much activities for pregnancy women here. What a pity.... I am on my 21st week of pregnancy now and yet I felt that I need to do something and get to know someone to be able to feel alive rather than staying at home and have no contact.

Hard to find friends

Skrivet av  Twinkie
Hi,
I is hard to find friends. My advice is to school or work. Have you gone to SFI? Komvux? Komvux is great because you will meet swedish students. when you have had your kid "öppna förskolan" is a forum to meet other parent with kids.
Goooooood luck. Hope you enjoy your life in Sweden, the best country to have kids in.
Twinkie

most towns have

Skrivet av  Hanna
activities for mothers after the baby is borned. We have something called "öppna förskolan" - open preschool. Generally there is at least one in every small town and lots of them in big cities. Either it is the local church that organizes the activites or it is organized by city coucil. They have special activities on special days "mothers with newlyborned", "fathers who are staying home with their babies", "1-2 yrs old children" and so on.

Besides this, almost all towns have acitivites like "water aerobics for pregnant women" or "yoga for pregnant women". Or "mother-baby singing classes", "mother-baby aerobic classes". Check out your local city council and ask them or the local gym for special courses.

People wont mind that you speak english, here in Swe like to speak english.

Where do you live?

Little town in Arvika

Skrivet av  Sally
I did try to enrol for pregnancy classes in order to meet other parents but it was fully booked now and on top of that I have had two kids before in my hometown. Priority is given to those who are expecting their first child especially now that it is fully booked. Little by little everyday I am learning to learnt how the Swedes lives their daily life during pregnancy. Most have friends and they meet often for "fika" and it is so nice to see them going in groups sometimes with big stomach together or with strollers. My husband works in Norway and I am seeing him only druing the weekend. So I hope to get myself involve in some nice friendly activities to meet other parents to keep my days flow faster.

New here...

Skrivet av  AnnaF
but I decided to send you an answer (although my english is a bit rusty...)
I\'ve been to Arvika a lot, since my granny lived her life there. Unfortunanely, after she died we lost our connection to värmland.

I beleive that if you tell your mid-wife that it is important for you to meet other mothers-to-be, maybe you can get to a pregnancy couse anyhow?

Good luck!
/AnnaF

Hi!

Skrivet av  Nena
Women in Sweden usually work, I\'m afraid, and most of them nearly right up to the delivery.

Artiklar från Familjeliv