Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

I would love to know...

Skrivet av Mia-Maria
...how all of you who have brought your foreign men to Sweden managed, and still manage. How do they like it? How easy was it for them to find jobs?
This is an issue we have discussed for years in our home. Any help out there???
Svar på tråden: I would love to know...

I also would like to know...

Skrivet av  Maria H
I would also like to know how to settle down the men while "importing" them to Sweden. Another thing that pops up is that I will be responsible so to say. My small family will move home soon. Then comes my turn to arrange everything as my husband does not speak Swedish a yet. There are many practical things such as Försäkringskassan, BVC, Taxes,Husläkare, Insurances and lots more. I also wonder how that will feel for my husband as he is so used to arrange everything here in Holland.

It all begins and ends with an ID card

Skrivet av  Katarina
Until your guy is registered he won"t be able to do anything, not even go shopping with his NL credit cards. Swedes do not accept a passport as valid form of ID (!) They ONLY accept Swedish ID-cards and therefore discriminate against anyone who does not hold an SE ID-kort, e.g. all tourists - regardless of what country they hold the credit card in! It"s very funny. They even ask you, as a brit, what your last 4 numbers are! To a Swede it is inconceivable that some countries do not number their citizens. :)))

It all begins and ends with an ID card

Skrivet av  Katarina
Until your guy is registered he won"t be able to do anything, not even go shopping with his NL credit cards. Swedes do not accept a passport as valid form of ID (!) They ONLY accept Swedish ID-cards and therefore discriminate against anyone who does not hold an SE ID-kort, e.g. all tourists - regardless of what country they hold the credit card in! It"s very funny. They even ask you, as a brit, what your last 4 numbers are! To a Swede it is inconceivable that some countries do not number their citizens. :)))

Same Q here......

Skrivet av  Stina.L
my english b/f is preparing to move over here to Sweden in a near future since we are expecting a baby in may.
There is a lot of Q running around in both our minds....lot of the things Maria H takes up in her post.

Well...

Skrivet av  cinah/Australien
My husband did settle in, in one way. It was a bit hard for him with the culture but he tryed hard for 10 years but missed hes parents and sibblings a lot so we moved back to Townsville 1995.

Didnt

Skrivet av  Widder
My husband didnt settle in... well, in some ways yes. He had a job, made a few friends, could get around and get by quite well.

He has moved between countries and travelled most of his life, so I think that part wasnt very hard for him.

But he didnt like Sweden in many ways and I realised I dont either. Maybe I influenced him a bit with my own feelings. I dont know...

We stayed for a year and then we moved on. We didnt go back to where we came from, but to a different country.

I think it depends on what you work with, where in Sweden you live and ,of course, your personality whether its successfull or not.

Quite straightforward

Skrivet av  Anna
My English husband and I have lived in Sweden now for a year and a bit.We found everyone very helpful when we arrived,the first thing we did was to go to the skattemyndigheten and register.Remember to bring identification such as a swedish id or a passport. A valid permit that says that you can stay.Your marria- gecertificates if your married. When you get your personal number you can get registered in försäkringskassan,bvc and so on. I found that if you just explain to people that you´ve lived abroad and you´ve just moved back they´ll bend over backwards to help you. My husband registered at arbetsförmedlingen and they rang him about three days later with a job for him.He is an electrician and there is a shortage at the moment if you have anymore questions you can mail me if you want at [email protected]

Artiklar från Familjeliv