Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Thanks Helena! More questions...

Skrivet av Leena
Thanks for the info. Is it the registration that is expensive? Do you pay a fee for the admin. type? We have a 2 year old Astra Estate so it"s a well known make and model. When you say car dealers here sell left hand drives cheaply, do you mean brand new ones? Are cars more expensive in Sweden even when you take the favourable exchange rate (pounds to kronor) into consideration? I know they hold their value better than here, where you hardly get anything for a second hand one. I just don"t know what to do at the moment. If we take it with us we would have to come back and sell it here when the time comes, don"t think many Swedes would be interested in a right hand drive! Must ask if we can get the lights converted over here. Sorry for rambling!
Oh, I can imagine what your life in the UK must have been like, with a mother-in-law like that! I have fallen out with mine a couple of times and we are now just polite to each other, we"ll never be close in a million years.
Did you work in Liverpool? I think you wrote your husband worked in printing. Why is it such a problem for him to find a job in the printing industry in Sweden? Do you work and he looks after your little girl?
Svar på tråden: Thanks Helena! More questions...

Leena (very long!!)

Skrivet av  Helena
I looked in some of my papers and the cost at the MOT center in Sweden is 1800kr. Then "Vägverket" takes 700kr. After that its tax and insurance. Its not that expensive after all. If the car has got the right headlights and "katalysator" that I asume it does then its not that much more to pay if I remember it correctly. But this was two years ago so the prices and rules might have changed. Try "bilprovningens" internetpage in Sweden. I dont know the address but try a search.
As for my mother in law youve got me mixed up. I cant remember if its Kajsa or Anette who fell out with hers. I get along with mine quite OK except for when I get to hear everything I do wrong bringing up my child. But I get that here in Sweden as well. It seems the older people just know everything and if you dont do it their way then youre very wrong.
And I dont have a girl. I have a little boy called Oliver who is 6 months old and we just found out we are having another one.
But my husband does work in printing but we used to live just outside London.
The main problem for him getting a job is the language. And it takes time to learn. Hopefully something will come up. We are both at home at the moment due to him not being signed up with "Försäkringskassan" in time for Olivers birth. But soon he will be able to take his paternityleave.
Were in Sweden are you planning to move?? And do you know when yet??
Whats you husbands and his family`s reaction to moving?

Just wanted to say...

Skrivet av  anette
congratulations!
And has "ABF" been of any help?

abf

Skrivet av  Helena
Abf is a big joke to me. They have never been to any help either to me or my husband. No, I`d rather recommend Manpower, Poolia etc.

You"re probably right!

Skrivet av  anette
Come to think of it, I hear nothing but negative things about ABF. It"s a shame really, and you"re probably right about Manpower, have you been in contact with them?

Helena!

Skrivet av  Leena
First of all - congratulations!!!

Sorry, sorry, sorry I have got you all mixed up, my brain is not in gear these days! I"ve just found out I"m soon to become a housewife again, I"m on short term contract and it will not renewed. Am not relishing the thought, I need my little job to keep me sane. Because of the very high cost of child care here (nursery for William and child minder for after school/school holidays for Anna) it will be very hard, almost impossible to find something else that pays enough to leave me with a few pounds every month. Not that I haven"t got enough to get on with, the house needs doing up if we are to sell it.
I shall certainly look at "bilprovningens" website. Is this a special MOT for imported cars or are MOT"s always this expensive?
We will move to Eksjo in Smaland (where I"m from) and the best time would be end of July/early August so Anna can start in "forskoleklass" at the same time as the other children. I remember having to move school as a child and it was awful, so I want her to be there from the start. But we will see. There are rumours at my husband"s company that there will be voluntary redundancies towards the end of this year which I don"t think he would like to miss out on, as he"s been there for a long time. So it might mean I"ll move over first with the children, but preferrably not. I"ll need him there! I have been offered a job at the hospital as rontgensjukskoterska, something I haven"t worked as since 1988, but it will mean a year or so of re-training. I"m amazed the hospital is offering me this after I"ve been away for so long, the very unhelpful and stuck up College of Radiographers here didn"t want to know when I tried to register with them after moving here. Was told Swedish qualifications are not recognised in the UK. Felt like I came from a thirld world country. One x-ray department is pretty much the same as another, after all. And now they have to import nurses from the Philippines and God knows where. They didn"t even suggest what I could do to become qualified, so I thought sod it.
My husband is the quiet type and doesn"t say an awful lot about the move but he knows how strongly I feel about it. There are many reasons - I wan"t to bring the children up in a different environment, not so child un-friendly which I think the UK is really. I want to be closer to my family, my mum died many years ago and my dad is getting on a bit. I would dearly like to work as a nurse again, as my training has otherwise been wasted.
His family took it surprisingly well, I must say. Think they have noticd how home sick I am and quite honestly, I think it"s my turn now! I came over here, gave up a good job, friends and family. I managed to get a decent job here (it took a while - started in a factory packing chocolates!), had the children and had to force myself to get out to meet new people afterwards, as I didn"t know anybody who was at home and got relly lonely and isolated. But I did it and he can as well, if he puts his mind to it. You have to take a few risks in life.
Oh dear, this is another long one. Hope you haven"t fallen asleep but it"s so nice to have contact with somebody who have been in the same situation.

Forgot to ask...

Skrivet av  Leena
where in the UK did you live and how long were you here for. Are you in stockholm now? Is that where you you are from originally? (Just nosy!)

Artiklar från Familjeliv