Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

How did u survive moving to Sweden???

Skrivet av CL
After spending the day on the phone trying to find out how to move my english boyfriend here I know all about residence permits etc.
Problems seems to be money.
He needs at least one day of work b/4 he can get the lowest of unempoymentmoney, and atleast 4 weeks to get it higher.
But getting even one days of work is impossible without swedish.
So right now it seems almost impossible to move him over here.
How did you do? Or did you all get jobs???
Svar på tråden: How did u survive moving to Sweden???

what does your boyfriend do?

Skrivet av  CM
i mean, what did he do before? what sort of background (education, work experience) does he have?

He is an authorised accountant....

Skrivet av  CL
and as far as I know he has a good education with very good grades in economic.
He works at the financial department of a big hospital in England right now.
From what I can see the biggest problem will be learning the language here...after looking around there seems to be a lot of jobs.
He has applied for lots...but his lack of swedish is the problem.

He has some savings with him when he comes to survive for about 4 month without income here, but it seems quite hard if he has to go back to England after that if he doesnt get a job.

hm, yes...

Skrivet av  CM
..., certainly working directly as a chartered/authorised accountant might be tricky without swedish. how about management-type jobs with international firms? i do know at least one person with a good job in sweden who doesn"t know even basic swedish -unfortunately not in a finance related job, though. have you tried any of the employent agencies, like Manpower? best of luck, i"m sure it will work out somehow!

We were lucky!

Skrivet av  Ladybug
My boyfriend comes from Germany. he moved here last summer after quitting his job as an Engineer. And without having a job here. he didn´t know any swedish, and he and I only communicate in english. He hade some savings that would last for about 3 months. after 2 months he got a job, to pack and recieve orders from german clients. a pretty "low level" job compared to what he´s used to, both in salary and skills. But a job! This he combines with studying swedish on Fokuniversitetets SFI-education 2 evenings/week. (it´s for free and good)We are lucky to live in a bigger city where maybe it´s easier to find a job (Göteborg) But if he´s prepared to take ANY job to begin with, I´m sure he will find one!
Don´t give up!
Good luck!

Artiklar från Familjeliv