Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Sun is shining...

Skrivet av anette
...and it"s a beautiful day here in south of Sweden. I"ve forgotten how much I missed the sunshine.
Helena, we moved back at the same time as you, summer
-99, and it had to be Malmö, because Paul was offered a job with my dad, very convenient and my familie and most of my friends were here too. But, we chose to buy a house outside Malmö, mainly because we prefer village life and also the house prices in Malmö had gone crazy (through the roof!), perhaps due to the new bridge between Malmö and Copenhagen. It took us a whole year to find a house we liked and could afford, we were in on the bidding on several houses and it was an awful time... Where in England did you live before, Helena? And Leena, I got a bit curious about the english parent sites, just fancied a look, have you got the addresses? And finally, has anyone got any ideas why english men and swedish women seem to get along so well? I know of so many, but none "the other way around".
Best Tuesday wishes to everybody!
Svar på tråden: Sun is shining...

Lucky you

Skrivet av  Helena
who has got sunshine. Its rather grey here in Stockholm. Adam sometimes says that the Stockholmweather is not any better than the english and I must agree.
We used to live in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Its a very nice area but to close to London for my liking. If we ever move back it will be far down south or north. I prefer the noth of England. The Lake District is amazing. But I hope that we will stay in Sweden.
I belive that swedish women find english men very different than swedish and find some kind of attraction in it. Maybe....dont know..There are probably plenty of answers to that question.

Maybe

Skrivet av  Leena
British men fancy Swedish women because we don"t wear white stilettoes and dance around our handbags? Only joking! I don"t really have a clue but perhaps it"s because the two nationalities are different but not too different, if you know what I mean. But why is it that it"s usually the woman who gives up her job, family and friends etc to move over here?

Here are the web-site addresses you asked for:
www.babyworld.co.uk - click on "Your experiences" along the left hand side and then "Discussion groups". You have to register but it"s quick and easy. It"s quite a nice site, maybe more aimed at pregnancy, birth and early childhood.
www.ukparents.co.uk - click on "Forums" on the left hand side. This site is more like this one with lots of different subjects.
As you will see, the discussions re. MMR vaccination are quite rife. There"s a lot in the media on this subject. A lot of parents think it"s absolutely disgusting they don"t have the choice of single injections. They are available privately but can cost several hundred pounds. I know it"s being talked about in sweden as well, what do you think?

MMR

Skrivet av  Helena
Ive had oliver vaccinated (though not all of them yet, he`s 6 months) and actually think its important. I asked here in Sweden about the single vaccinations but you cant have them here either. Its too expensive.

Helena!

Skrivet av  anette
I just noticed we"re on at the same time, so hello!

Dear me...

Skrivet av  anette
It"s a horrendous dilemma with the injections, here aswell... Maja had hers in England and Oscars has had his over here. I don"t really know how I feel about it. I have to admit that I was extremely nervous, when we had them done. Oscar had a bad tummy for about three weeks afterwards, and I immediately diagnosed him with Irretable bowls syndrom, but of course he"s now fine. You just don"t know who to trust! It seems you can"t always trust the politicians (BSC-scare for ex.) and then there seems to be doctors with variuos opinions on the subject. But I suppose one must not forget that the diseases themself are not altogether "safe", I seem to remember measles f.ex. is one of the greatest killers of children in the third world. And our generation haven"t got any "memories" of all the bad side effects of the diseases, deafness, meningitis and so on. So why not give them singely? Is it a matter of finance? I don"t know...
I"m going to ask Paul why he, just out of interest, chose to be with a Swede. Is it something in the personality of Swedish girls he prefered? This is highly unscientific, but just for a laugh, I"ll get back to you on that one.
Thank"s for the addresses, I"m going to have a "wee nose"!
Best greetings from a very windy Skåne!

yes, sadly i feel we have become...

Skrivet av  CM
...a bit complacent about the diseases in question, at worst they can be fatal but even if not they can lead to some very serious disabilities indeed. for me, the fear of these illnesses was greater, even if i did allow for the possibility (:-))that the politicians were wrong about the side effects. but the issue is of course made more complex by the fact that vaccinations need to be fairly universal in order to keep epidemics at bay, so people feel pressured into having them for the common good. tricky stuff!

at the risk of sounding sexist...

Skrivet av  CM
...i would hazard a guess that women, on average, tend to be a bit more language-oriented and keen to learn about foreign cultures (don"t flame me for this, please).

Artiklar från Familjeliv