Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Baby blues

Skrivet av Out of balance
I apologize for not writing in Swedish but I think it is still not on a satisfactory level and I want to make sure I\'m expressing myself correctly.
My question/situation is a bit weird and it never happened to me before.
I am 39 year old mother of two beautiful daughters. The older one is going on 16 and the younger one is one year old. I am Croatian married to a Dutch and we live (happily) here in Sweden. Of course I miss my family and my home town but on the other hand, here I have a wonderful family of my own, a loving and caring husband, two most beautiful daughters, a nice home and a career going on. But...
I have noticed that after the birth of my younger daughter my emotional life has considerably changed, i.e. I\'ve become very sensitive, easily disturbed and put out of balance. I know about post partum depression and I think I went through a mild one and I wonder if this is a continuation.
At the moment I am almost a complete mess because I saw a documentary on the Discovery Channel. It was one of the "reality" episodes about how the Emergency (ER) looks like in a real life. They showed a case of a mother and 18 months old little daughter who had a car accident and a little one didn\'t survive because of a severe head injures.
After seeing this I cried a lot, I can\'t get that little body out of my mind, I cannot sleep properly. I cannot work normally because as soon as I\'m not heavily involved in something my mind goes back to little Leann and this has been going on for three days.
I have a feeling I am freaking out and I don\'t know what to do. I don\'t want to be in this state. My family needs me and I need myself. My husband understands me but he doesn\'t know what to do to cheer me up.
What can I do? How can I help myself?
Svar på tråden: Baby blues

It isn\'t strange

Skrivet av  Petra
to be so worried after seeing a program about child-death. And especillay not when you have a child in the same age. I was very worried when my daugther was born, part of it due to the program "Child Hospital" - I was so sure my daughter had cancer and was going to die. But my BVC-nurse told me to look at my daughter "Is she alright?" "Does she look happy and contempt?" "Is she safe?" And every time i felt this panic coming I stoped and took some time off and answered these questions in my head and slowly my fear went away. Maybe you could try and do this. And I also stopped looking at all those programs ábout little children being injured...
Hope you will feel better soon

blir oxå

Skrivet av  helena
mycket illa berörd av att höra om andra barn som far illa. men man måste försöka att ha distans till det för annars äter det lätt upp en. kan själv oxå ha sömnlösa nätter när jag ligger vaken och funderar på alla hemskheter som kan hända.

Artiklar från Familjeliv