Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

English speaking friends south of Stockholm?

Skrivet av BirgittaS
We are moving back to Sweden after 3,5 years in Canada.
Does anyone know about any group/groups where the kids can meet and speak and play in English? Or are there anyone out there interested in making some new friends?
We will be moving to Södertälje but I guess Stockholm is OK too. Both my husband and I are Swedish, so we don"t speak English at home, but I feel that I would like to give my kids the opportunity to at least maintain their English speaking ability, even if they don"t develop it a lot.
Please e-mail me at \<\;a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]\<\;/a>
Svar på tråden: English speaking friends south of Stockholm?

Bilingual children

Skrivet av  Maria
Even if you don"t find englishspeaking friends for your chlidren - which would obviously be the ideal - you can keep their English going. My two children - Swedish mum, English dad - are both pretty biliungual. My six year old to the point where she finds it surprising that her English friends only know ONE language.
My advice is to keep it fun. Buy videotapes, CD-ROM games, books etc to keep them going. Invest in boardgames that you have to play in English. My daughter has learnt a lot of Swedish from Barnen i Bullerbyn et al!

Thanks

Skrivet av  BirgittaS
I already have a lot of videotapes, books and CD-rom games but no boardgame so I have to buy a good one before we leave in June. But I am afraid that they will lose their speaking ability as both my husband and I are Swedish.

I"ve found a school "friskola" that has an English class, and that solves a lot for my 10-year old.

Thanks for your ideas.

Artiklar från Familjeliv