Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Questions about Canada

Skrivet av SaraLynn
Is there anybody here that can answer some questions?

My husbend and I have a dream about eventually moving to Canada some day.

How much does daycare cost, I have understood that its a more than in Sweden, but how much more?

And are rents higher then the swedish average? We would prefer living in a bigger city (toronto or vancouver perhaps)

And how is the job market?

Lots of questions!

/SaraLynn
Svar på tråden: Questions about Canada

Oh Canada

Skrivet av  papparic
The cost of living in Canada is, in general, higher than in Sweden. (I am talking about west coast, not far from Vancouver) But wages are higher, in general. So day care, housing and transportation will tend to be more expensive, but your standard of living should be relatively similar.

While living in Stockholm I had no need of a car, here it is nearly impossible to get by without one, in fact, we have three. In Stockholm our radhus was quite expensive but we got a housing subsidy. Here, I have a large house, the mortgage is low and the monthly cost quite inexpensive. But if I was renting it would cost a fair bit more.

I can't compare daycare costs because I have a handicapped child so a different set of rules apply, maybe someone else can provide that information.

The job market varies, depending on skills. Swedish education is valued and considered superior. I have been teaching here, in elementary and secondary schools with my teaching degree from Lärarhögskolan Stockholm.

Hope this helps

Artiklar från Familjeliv