Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Americans in the Falköping area

Skrivet av Josefina
Hello.
We just moved back to Sweden after having lived in Minnesota for 5 years. I\'m Swedish and my husband is American. We have a son who will be two in December. We thought it\'d be fun to hook up with other Americans with kids who live in the area. Anyone?

Svar på tråden: Americans in the Falköping area

No

Skrivet av  AW
we still live overhere (in Ohio), but I would really like to know how it is to move back to Sweden, espcially for your husband. Me and my husband (Me=swedish, husband=american)have been living here for 5 years and we always talk about moving to Sweden. My husband doesn\'t speak very much swedish, so I\'m afraid that it will be really hard for him. I also have a feeling that we would be making a lot more money here than we would in Sweden, but maybe I\'m just making excuses not to try?? It would be great to hear about your experiences.

Take care

we also

Skrivet av  Josefina
lived in the US for 5 years. Dh didn\'t know much swedish either but he\'s already making pretty good preogress (after only 3 weeks). I was worried too to begin with.
Our reason for moving was more social than economic. Either one of us have ever had the desire to make alot of money over all. We were looking for a life that was "safer" for our child (statistically I should say, since you can\'t be prefectly safe anywhere). Another reason is that I just felt a desire to live in Sweden again after having been away for a while (my perspectives changed much). We wanted more options for schooling. We realized that we would never afford the kind of schooling we wanted for ds, so moving here seemed to help with that since Waldorf and Montessori is publically funded.
There were some political reasons behind our decision too.
Also, I\'m able to study dietetics (almost 100% likely) next year at a much cheaper cost than I would in America.
These were a few of the many reasons that brought us back. I know that we won\'t be able to make as much money, and of course life can be easier in some ways with more money, but neither of us is a high-acheiver, and I truly feel that alot of money wouldn\'t make me a happy person (even though I\'ll never live to tell:)).
Right now I feel good about living here. I feel like we made the right decision, partially because we took alot of time to think things over. At this time in our lives, this is right. I miss certain aspects of America, but surprisingly few. Mostly I miss friends and the particular sense of life we had there (in some ways).
Feel free to talk to me about your feelings about the prospect of moving back home. I\'d love to share more thoughts with you.

Artiklar från Familjeliv