Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

I´m Swedish, my child´s father is English

Skrivet av Kristina
I know someone asked the same question below, but since that was some time ago, I want to ask again.
Are you still here, "e"? Anyone else?
We have one child of 16 months, I´m speaking Swedish to him, his father is trying to be consistent in speaking English. The father and I speak ...well, some kind of pidgin English.
I´d like to correspont with other bilingual families...

Hej så länge,
Kristina
Svar på tråden: I´m Swedish, my child´s father is English

Samma här

Skrivet av  Kicki
Jag är svensk och min sambo engelsk, fast vårt barn är inte fött än, men är på god väg då jag är i vecka 37.
Maila mej gärna: [email protected]

just be consistent

Skrivet av  chrisb
having 2 children (15 & 12) me english, mother french and they speak swedish at school.
they are completly tri-lingual.
just speak, read and communicate in your own language, regardless what language the child uses and it will work out fine.

Just a question?

Skrivet av  Maria
What is "pidgin english"?

Pidgin English

Skrivet av  Kristina
is the linguistic term for a variation on a language due to strong influences from another language. A kind of mish-mash if you understand what I mean...if I say pidgin English I mean a language which is a mixture of two languages bus still significantly more English than, in this case, Swedish.

I would also like contact

Skrivet av  Maria
Hello Kristina

My name is Maria, Swedish mother to 4month old Erik. My husband is Dutch so we try to speak Swedish, Dutch and English as my husband and I communicate in English.
It would be nice to have contact with someone else who understands the issues that appears in a similiar situation as mine.

also bilingual

Skrivet av  Anna
Hi Kristina,
We´re trying to teach our 11 month old daughter both swedish and english,She understands certain words in both languages .

Bilingual

Skrivet av  PappaRic
A word of caution. If you use Pidgin English your child will also pick up the same pidgin. If you can be consistant, with each parent speaking just the one language, your child will differentiate between which language to use depending upon who she/he is talking with.
With my own kids and with students I teach I notice that each language will have separate areas of strength. Unless a specific effort is made the kids will learn the words for the dominant language in any given situation. Such as:
-the words for kitchen utensils from whoever does the cooking.
-the words for math and science in the language of the school
-swear words from the most vocal
etc, etc.
Although my own kids, now grown up, are fluent in both languages they have definite weaknesses in language structure in one or the other language, depending upon how much reading they did or do in either.

Artiklar från Familjeliv