Sök på innehåll hos Allt för föraldrar

Names

Skrivet av Nettan
I\'m swedish and my husband canadian (we live in Canada) - we\'re expecting our first child in 6 days! and we have difficulties finding a name that fits both languages..
Anybody with the same little problem that can give some good name advice....?
Svar på tråden: Names

here are a few

Skrivet av  Stephanie
Amanda, Emily, Josephine, Samantha, Fiona, Molly, Danielle, Elizabeth, Maya, Elena, Matilda

Kevin, Samuel, Daniel, Gabriel, Jacob, Liam, Sebastian, Joshua
We thought boys\' names were harder. We have a little Megan at home.

We did like this..

Skrivet av  Therese
I always liked the name Max. My husband thought that was ok as well, problem was the other twin needed a name. And if it was two girls then Max was out of the question, even if I tried to covnvince him that Maximé would work.He did not agree.
Anyway, what I want to say is, pick a name you two like and everyone else will learn to like it or not.And today we are too internationell to have a wierd or really strange name, at least not a canadian/swedish combination.Maybe I should add my husband is from Wales and I am swedish.

Oh... there was one name we did rule out. Penelope.... I really like the name but my relatives did not say it the "english" way, and it sounded awful.We live in sweden and in that case had to listen to there "translation" of it most days.
In the end we have two beautiful children, Max and Molly.
Good luck! It\'s not easy I know. When you have the time and when you find a suitable name, let us know.

That is so funny!!

Skrivet av  Linda
I\'m Swedish and my husband is American.
We chose Penelope for our oldest, although the pronounciation in Sweden is a little funny, we call her Penny though.
And her younger sister\'s name is Molly!!
And if Molly would have been a boy she would have been called...you guessed it - Max!! :)

Canada

Skrivet av  jdmarie
Therese where are you from in Canada? I myself am from British Columbia, have been in Sweden for almost seven years now.

A missunderstanding..

Skrivet av  Therese
I\'m from Sweden and my husband is from Wales U.K

We\'re planning on...

Skrivet av  Tina
choosing a completely different sort of name. I\'ve always wanted to have a child with a name that works in both languages but names that I like in Swedish are boring in English and vice versa.

But since my mother\'s pakistani and my husband (who\'s part Swedish and part Estonian) likes some of the names of my relatives on her side we\'ve decided that if we have a girl we\'ll call her Salma Shaheena. That way she has names that aren\'t linked with either language and everyone will have a problem pronouncing them! ;o)

Of course, if we have a boy it will be a whole other story, I have no idea what we\'ll do!

Just a suggestion...

Know the problem

Skrivet av  Got an English name
My boys are named Martin and Thomas.

Victoria is a possible girls name.

know the problem?!?

Skrivet av  English but not an English name
What´s that supposed to mean? That you have to give your children common (boring obviously?) names because you´re bilingual?! You should think again, I´m quite certain the rest of the world can learn to pronounce other names thatn Thomas and Victoria...

swedish/irish

Skrivet av  C
Hi!
Im swedish and my boyfriend is irish. We just had a baby girl and we call her Leah. It works in both countries and is not very common. Her full name is Leah Mairéad Jenny:-)
Other names we discussed was; Olivia,Fiona,Erin,Deirdre,Melanie.
And for boys, Killian,Kevin,William,Kieran,Oliver.

You child must be born now anyway, I hope everything went well for ye!!

Namn

Skrivet av  Maria med Clara 030516
Hej Nettan

Jag är i din situation, gift med en man från Canada men
vi bor i Sverige. På tal om namn så döpte vi våran dotter till Clara (Clara med C för att det är mer internationellt) samt att det finns i släkten på min mans sida och att det även är ett svenskt namn. Andra flicknamn som vi funderade på var Saga, Aida och Flora. Kan det vara något? Var i Canada bor ni? Vi åker till Vancouver i aug-sept.

Good Luck

Skrivet av  maskros
Dear Nettan,

Good luck with your baby! Hope he or she will have an easy birth! If it\'s a boy, just look to all the hockey teams - plenty of Swedish names there that the Canadians can pronounce :)

Rebecca

Skrivet av  ME med J 0105 & R0309
is my favourite name at the moment... ;)

My cousin lives in NZ and his sons are named Samuel and Jacob, their grandfather is called William and their mother Helena. Maybe Helen would be better... Elisabet works as well, Maria, Andrea...

Nina!

Skrivet av  Jannika med Julia 30/5
That is such a cute name that goes well in both countries!
Good luck with everything!

Artiklar från Familjeliv